Coming from High Risk Countries
You will need to plan your trip dates very carefully, based on getting your PCR Test and Test Results within the correct timeframe. These protocols may seem difficult to follow, but they are essential for a smooth trip and everyone’s safety!
PLANNING YOUR TRIP
- Accommodation – You must stay in a COVID-Authorised Accommodation for the first 5 to 7 days of your trip to Dominica. To dive with Nature Island Dive, you must choose an accommodation that has an agreement with us to operate their “Safe in Nature” Watersports Activities.This list is continually being updated, so please contact us to ensure your accommodation is working with us! You can see a list of accommodations in the Soufrière area here.
- Tours & Activities – Can only be done with COVID-Certified Tour Operators. Nature Island Dive is a COVID-Certified Watersports Tour Operator and also a participant in the Safe in Nature Program
- Moving About – Your movements are extremely limited. You can only travel from your hotel directly to Nature Island Dive, and then directly back to your hotel – no stops are permitted.
BEFORE YOU START YOUR TRIP
- Within 72 hours of Arrival in Dominica – Get a PCR Test that provides results within 48 hours.
- Obtain the Test Results showing Negative/Not Detected in Digital Format and also print it out, if possible.
- Within 24 hours of Arrival in Dominica – Fill out the Gov’t Health Questionnaire Online and UPLOAD your Test Results.
- Await your EMAIL Reply from Health Division giving you permission to enter Dominica. Print email if possible.
- Before boarding your flight to Dominica – Show your email approval message to Ticketing Agent.
ARRIVING IN DOMINICA
When you arrive in Dominica at Douglas-Charles Airport (DOM), you will undergo a RAPID Test (finger-prick, blood test). After a wait of 15 to 20 minutes, you will receive your results.
- If Negative, you can proceed through immigration, collect your luggage, and get on your COVID-AuIthorised Taxi to take you to your COVID-Authorised Accommodation.
Please note that the Rapid Test looks for antibodies and, as such, can sometimes give a positive result.
- If you test positive, then you will be given a PCR Test at the airport (swab in nose and throat). You will then be allowed to proceed to an Isolation-Approved COVID-Authorised Accommodation to await your PCR Results (typically within 48 hours). Upon receiving your Negative Result, you will then be able to continue for the remainder of your quarantine, including “Safe in Nature” activities.
“SAFE IN NATURE” PROGRAM IN DOMINICA
By participating in the Safe in Nature program, you agree to the following rules:
- You will stay in a COVID-Certified Accommodation.
- You will travel ONLY on COVID-Certified Taxis.
- You will participate in activities ONLY with COVID-Certified Tour Operators. We at Nature Island Dive are a COVID-Certified Watersports Tour Operator.
- You will wear your mask at all times, practice physical distancing, and wash your hands frequently.
- You will have your temperature taken and recorded daily
- You will NOT go to any local shops, restaurants, or places of business.
- You will NOT be permitted to freely walk around the village or interact with residents.
In practical terms, this means that you are able to stay in a wonderful local hotel and come diving every day during your Quarantine! So we anticipate your full co-operation with these steps in order to keep you, us, our staff, local residents and other tourism service providers as safe as possible.